The other day I received news that my tenants had an offer accepted on a house and are moving out at the end of August. I truly am happy for them. This is their first home and I remember fondly the excitement of closing on my first home. They were great tenants and I wish them all the best.
On the way home, I asked Rico Suave to put two martini glasses in the freezer. One needs a good drink to accompany the brainstorming that follows news of this nature.
This cherry Manhattan is what great drinks aspire to be. It has the perfect balance of Rye Whiskey, Sweet Vermouth, and cherry syrup and Brandied-Amaretto Cherries are the perfect garnish. In fact, I make the Brandied-Amaretto Cherries specifically for this drink. They pair so beautifully, I can’t have a Manhattan without them.
To lease or to sell?
Pass me another drink.
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Rye Whiskey
- 0.5 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 0.5 oz Cherry Syrup from Brandied-Amaretto Cherries
- 2 Brandied-Amaretto Cherries for garnish
- Place martini glass in freezer.
- Meanwhile, in a bar shaker add ice, rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and cherry syrup
- Shake until shaker is frosty and strain into frosty martini glass
- Garnish with cherries